October 11, 2011 Minutes
Atlantic County Library Mays Landing - 5:00 PM
6:30 Program: 30th Birthday Celebration
- Thought for the Day: Jane Flanagan made us all smile with "How to Stay Young."
- Welcome & Introduce Visitors: none
- Vote for the approval of Minutes: Motion by Lila Williams, Kathy Barrish second, vote approved.
- Correspondence: Amy Gold (Please Update emails) We are invited back to Gilda's Club
- Treasure’s Report- Dues are due $65 - a small price to pay for the valuable fellowship, professional opportunities, and connecting with old friends and acquaintances. Report given. Motion to approve Helen Hudson, second Pat Kennedy; vote passed.
- Membership /Initiation – Carol Bennett- Encouraged members to invite educators in various roles. Carol is looking for someone interested in taking over her position that she can train over the next year.
- Programs/Personal Growth – Kathy Reichert, Janel Schafer - Spring meeting Floral Design class in Hammonton, dinner first at Chinese restaurant. Possible presentation by Linda Zarich's daughter about her volunteer work in Haiti and donation to her work. Group will gather a box of items to send with her on her next trip this fall.
- Research/Expansion – Cathy Barrish
- Scholarship – Cathy Barrish (Deadlines) Elizabeth M. Bozarth Award, due Dec. 1st, www.deltakappagamma.org Margaret Able Scholarship in process of being created, more news to come.
- Social – Gail Harris and Natalie Morris- Thanks for organizing our meeting and successful e-mail sign-up process.
- World Fellowship – Randi is taking over this committee.
- Convention- Lou, Schultz - We are in charge of yearbook and display boards.
- Legislation/Professional Affairs- Call the committee to stop changes to Medicare and Social Security.
- Yearbook-Randy Levy - Jane is handing out Yearbooks, give updates to Randy.
- Exhibits/Record Book – Lila Williams thanked those that gave pictures and encouraged more donations. Please remember to identify photos, location and those present.
- Chapter Chatter- Amy Gold - Looking for fundraiser and good works by chapters.
- Fundraisers & Sister to Sister– Lila Williams New Date for scrapbook event Nov.5th
- Service Projects: Linda Zarych & Natalie Morris - Women's Center, slip on sandals and sweat suits in XL and XXL. Jane gave a report of our night at Gilda's over the summer, Noogieland would like us to come back. On Saturday, January 21st we are going to volunteer at the Rescue Mission preparing and serving a meal to the residents.
- We now have money in our account, what do we want to do with it?
- OC teacher passed leaving a teen daughter in need. Amy will get back to us with more info.
- Scholarship fund - Tony Aurelia $200, should we create a HS scholarship to future teacher. Kathy Barrish will contact Oakcrest guidance for more info.
- More to Rescue Mission
- Donate to Gilda's
- Tutoring program - in conjunction with HTEA, PTA, community groups, NHS, Big Brother/Big Sister. Janel will contact HTEA, Hess admin.
- NY City Food Tasting Oct 22 $49.…1 ticket for sale, Contact Jane Flanagan or Lila Williams bus from Tom's River 7:45 or 8:00, tour at 11:00, 3 hours of Greenwich Village. Some are returning, early some will stay.
- Baskets… Lou is creating baskets based on all things DKG. 2 pin guards available for 15.50 each.
- Next meeting at Janel's on Thursday, December 1st, 5PM. We will be collecting for catered dinner from Marcello's.
- Book Swap $1.00
- International Convention New York, New York July 24-28, 2012
- Convention: March 23, 24, 25, 2011 Doubletree in Somerset/ Discussion Start saving now so we can all share in the events.