Minutes October 6, 2010
Atlantic County Library Mays Landing - 5:00 PM
6:30 Program: Making Sorority Pin Box (Please bring $3.00 for materials)
· Thought for the Day: Jane Flanagan
· Welcome & Introduce Visitors – Induction ceremony of Kelly Crowder
· Approval of Minutes: Janel Schafer moved the reading of the minutes, seconded by Pat Kennedy, vote passed.
· Correspondence: Amy Gold – created a book for contact information and updates for newsletter.
· Treasure’s Report- $1659.66 as of 10/6/10. Jane is continuing to collect dues of $65 per person. Please pay your dues money before the meeting if at all possible. If not, please bring your check to give to Jane the night of the meeting. $65
· Membership- Carol Bennett- continue to look for members, welcome Amanda Copes visiting
· Programs/Personal Growth-Kathy Reichert – possible future activites; candy making in spring, tax time – tax planning, flower arranging.
· Research and Expansion-Kathy Barish – consider college professors
· Scholarship-Kathy Barish – Sandi Santa-Maria won a scholarship for Helping Kindergarteners Become Lifelong Readers in the amount of $832.
· Social- Gail Harris and Natalie Morris- Thanks for all of your hard work! Thanks Sandi for soup-, Caroline for salad, and everyone for desserts.
· Legislation/Professional Affairs- Janel Schafer will be forwarding information about the state of education Legislation in NJ.
· World Fellowship- Miranda Levy – nothing to report
· Convention- Lou Schultz, Sandy Santa Maria, Gail Harris, and Cathy Barish – March 25-27, exhibits and chaper display - 2 chapters per table and space behind tables for display boards
o Covention costs - $40 registration, $30 lunch, $38 dinner
o Lou is making a booklet of all members in the state who have passed and not been honored at the necrology ceremony at convention.
· Yearbook-Miranda Levy – let Randy know of any changes – Karen Case moved to FL
· Exhibits/Record Book-Lila Williams – 12x12 album turn in photos and news articles
· Chapter Chatter-Amy Gold – info will be going into the book Amy created and she will turn it in to the state according to the deadlines.
- DKG Network See handout – DKG is going green, all newsletters will be e-mailed in the future.
- Emergency Fund (See handout) – State has a fund to assist members who have been affected by a natural disaster. Refer any members you may know in need.
- Constitution and Standing Rules Revisions -
- Fundraiser - Jane Flanagan moved that the money raised at the block party from cookies and lollypops be donated to the American Cancer Society, Cathy Barrish seconded, vote passed.
- State Meeting: Chairs please plan to attend January 8, 2011
- Convention: March 25, 26, 27, 2011 Doubletree in Somerset/ Discussion: Start saving now so we can all share in the events.
- Fundraiser – Scrap Day – Jan 29th Somers Point – Misson Point Church
- Lila Williams made a motion that we accept this as a fundraiser as a way to defray convention cost, seconded by Jane Flanagan, voted and approved.
- Northeast Regional Conference July 22-23, 2011 Hershey Lodge, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- International Convention New York, New York July 24-28, 2012
- Basket Raffles?? (Bring one to meeting if you would like.)
- Women’s Crisis Center: Lila Williams Bring your completed kits to the meeting, looking for volunteers to help build bags
- Book Swap Bring a book swap it out for $1.00
- Fundraising Pens – Pat has pens for sale
- BLOCK PARTY: Kathy Barish Ocean City Asbury Ave. October 9th - earmarked for charity
- Please wear your pin- $1.00 if you forget!
- Keep Looking for New Members!